Monday, April 18, 2011

On a Serious Note

I need to pause from my usual entertaining posts to pull out a soapbox due to an emergency our family underwent yesterday. My son Canaan suffered a serious and potentially life-threatening injury to his spinal cord doing something a lot of kids do-jumping on the bed. He climbed up on the back and seriously injured his neck and was rushed to the emergency room. The doctors told us that he managed to escape paralysis mostly due to his age; they said a similar spinal injury to an adult would have most certainly meant paralysis. So if you have a jumper or a climber-reevaluate your surroundings! Especially their bedrooms if they go in there and close the door. I am not trying to fear-monger but I never in a million years thought this would happen to my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment