Tuesday, December 7, 2010

His Own Language

Canaan is very articulate but that certainly doesn't mean I have a clue what he's actually talking about. Case in point: Today, I asked him what television show he wanted to watch while I made dinner. His answer? "I want to watch the toilet papers!!" The mysterious toilet papers eluded me, but he settled for Thomas the Tank Engine (aka "Thomas Tanker Nengine). He has also been going into hysterics over something called a "rips"-he'll come up to me and say "That's a RIPS!" and run away laughing uncontrollably. It's been happening for weeks and I've yet to gain any insight into the origin of "rips".

2 comments:

  1. God, your blog makes me want to have my kid talking now. LMAO, what a cutie pie your son is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you'll wish for talking until it starts. I frequently wonder now why I EVER taught them words :P

    ReplyDelete